Sunflower, Ring of Fire
- Annual flowers with multiple flower heads per plant
- Plants grow to 5-6 feet tall
- Flower heads grow to 4-5 inches across
- Petals are dark at the base and yellow at the tips
- One of the best varieties for cut flowers
- 60 days
(H. annuus) Very uniform variety. Dark-centered blooms are 4-5" across with petals that gradually fade from a dark red base to golden-yellow tips. Branching habit with long side stems, one of the best varieties for cut flowers. Plants grow 5-6' tall. Annual, 60 days.
Learn to Grow it
Direct Seed: 6" Apart
Direct Seed: 1/2" Deep
Germination: 10-14 Days
Rows Apart: 24-36"
Instructions - Sow seeds outdoors after last frost. Sunflowers prefer full sun to light shade and well-drained rich soil. Provide support for tall plants.